One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The disappearance of ice from a previously glaciated region.
- ‘‘It is still likely that a major deglaciation of the ice sheet will take centuries to millenniums to occur,’ he said.’
- ‘This might be the result of genetically different populations or the populations that have emerged from different geohistorical periods depending on deglaciation processes.’
- ‘Glaciation and deglaciation of the continents are important mechanisms for changing the volume of water in ocean basins.’
- ‘The major conclusions from these studies are that the most recent ice age lasted about 100,000 years and consisted of gradual cooling and glaciation followed by rapid deglaciation.’
- ‘The effects of deglaciation on tropical regions are not fully understood, but ambient temperatures at equatorial latitudes were cooler by approximately 5C during the last glacial maximum.’
- ‘Then the amount of snowfall tapers off during the next 200 years of deglaciation.’
- 1.1 A period of geological time during which deglaciation takes place.‘the last deglaciation’
- ‘The Younger Dryas Event is a climate reversal preceded and followed by abrupt warming during the deglaciation period about 11,000 years BP, according to the conventional chronology.’
- ‘I know it's not as well understood - but what is the approximate time frame over which carbon dioxide values returned to normal after the catastrophic deglaciations in the late Precambrian?’
- ‘The difference between plant response to the Paelocene-Eocene warming and to the last deglaciation suggests that vegetation can't always respond quickly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.