One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The disappearance of ice from a previously glaciated region.
- ‘This might be the result of genetically different populations or the populations that have emerged from different geohistorical periods depending on deglaciation processes.’
- ‘‘It is still likely that a major deglaciation of the ice sheet will take centuries to millenniums to occur,’ he said.’
- ‘The major conclusions from these studies are that the most recent ice age lasted about 100,000 years and consisted of gradual cooling and glaciation followed by rapid deglaciation.’
- ‘Glaciation and deglaciation of the continents are important mechanisms for changing the volume of water in ocean basins.’
- ‘The effects of deglaciation on tropical regions are not fully understood, but ambient temperatures at equatorial latitudes were cooler by approximately 5C during the last glacial maximum.’
- ‘Then the amount of snowfall tapers off during the next 200 years of deglaciation.’
- 1.1 A period of geological time during which deglaciation takes place.‘the last deglaciation’
- ‘The difference between plant response to the Paelocene-Eocene warming and to the last deglaciation suggests that vegetation can't always respond quickly.’
- ‘I know it's not as well understood - but what is the approximate time frame over which carbon dioxide values returned to normal after the catastrophic deglaciations in the late Precambrian?’
- ‘The Younger Dryas Event is a climate reversal preceded and followed by abrupt warming during the deglaciation period about 11,000 years BP, according to the conventional chronology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.