One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make or become free of unwanted or excess gas.no object ‘the summit craters were degassing freely’with object ‘the column has not been degassed’
- ‘Faults provide additional pathways, such as dykes, for magma transport and also may help to degas the magma during its ascent.’
- ‘If this happens slowly, the gas bubbles will slowly migrate through the magma and degas.’
- ‘Mud volcanoes are an important global mechanism for degassing deeply buried sediments and it has been estimated that several thousand occur globally.’
- ‘Depending on the initial volatile content of the ‘primary’ or ‘deep’ magma, volatile saturation is reached at a certain point, and the magma begins to degas.’
- ‘Both lipid and protein solutions were degassed under vacuum immediately before use.’
- ‘Excess solution was removed and fresh degassed buffer solution was added to the sample and allowed to incubate for 30-60 min before imaging.’
- ‘First, we assume that the magma degassing process is open, meaning that gas and bubbles are lost from the magma during degassing.’
- ‘Solutions were degassed under vacuum before use.’
- ‘All solutions were degassed by evacuation to reduce the noise.’
- ‘Solvents were filtered and degassed by sonification and vacuum before use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.