One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And when your shoes get wet, you can wedge them into the gap between the windshield and the shelflike dashboard, and turn on the defroster full blast.’
- ‘A blast of hot air from the defroster hit me in the face, and I could feel the snow that had frozen in my hair and beard begin to melt at once.’
- ‘Spend some time on the road in the northern half of the U.S. and it is obvious that many drivers settle for too few minutes with the ice scraper, and too much haste for the defroster to do its job.’
- ‘Switch on both front and rear defrosters and make sure the air conditioning is turned on.’
- ‘She continued to sleep on the dashboard letting the heat from the defroster keep her warm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.