One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of software) reduce the fragmentation of (a file) by concatenating parts stored in separate locations on a disk.‘the safe way to defragment your files’
- ‘You can choose which drives to defragment and whether to shut-down or reboot Windows once the deed is done.’
- ‘Also disable the screen saver while the disk is defragmenting as it will cause the process to interrupt and re-start.’
- ‘With today's large and fast hard drives and more efficient operating systems, one maintenance task that's no longer as necessary is disk defragmenting.’
- ‘Another thing to bear in mind is that if programs are installed and uninstalled regularly then the hard disk will rapidly become fragmented, so it is a good idea to defragment the drive.’
- ‘Choose the disk you want to defragment and expect to let the program run for several hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.