One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of clearing a wide area of trees.‘a key aim is to try to halt widespread deforestation in the Amazon’‘deforestation caused by foreign logging companies’
- ‘Cooking with wood is also a cause of deforestation in many countries.’
- ‘More importantly, the rate of deforestation appears to be accelerating.’
- ‘Thirty years of ruthless deforestation has reduced the cypress forest area by about half.’
- ‘In other words, simply by stopping deforestation we would make a major contribution to slowing global warming.’
- ‘However, due to centuries of deforestation, very few cedars are left.’
- ‘The conifer habitat where they breed has suffered extensive deforestation in Washington during the past sixty years.’
- ‘They have established a tree nursery where they cultivate and then plant hundreds of saplings a year to reverse deforestation.’
- ‘Severe deforestation linked to both tropical storms and the human impact of habitat destruction had reduced the bat population to 70 by 1975.’
- ‘My country has developed a sustainable farming system which can curb soil erosion and minimize deforestation.’
- ‘Deforestation was believed to be a to threat to water supplies because it dried up springs and reduced rainfall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.