One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device on a vehicle that removes condensation from the windshield by directing a jet of air onto it.
- ‘I brood over this thought, as I warm up the car and switch on the defogger.’
- ‘All come with a list of standard features including air conditioning, electric rear defogger, CD player, driver information center and a split-bench rear seat with a pass-through to the trunk area.’
- ‘The windows were getting fogged up, so Graeme pushed the defogger on.’
- ‘I was concentrating on getting out of the parking lot and wishing I had spent the extra $120 on a rear window defogger.’
- ‘That recommendation was acted on, so there are such standard features as CD player, rear window defogger, 60/40 split seats, full wheel covers, digital clock, and body-side molding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.