One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Similarly the yearly rate of growth of the personal consumption price deflator jumped to 2.5% in May from 1.5% in February.’
- ‘Even the statistical sleight-of-hand that constitutes the current measure of consumer price inflation is at a nine-year high and the GDP implicit price deflator is at a five-year peak.’
- ‘The GDP deflator, an overall price index, fell 3.5 percent from a year earlier, the sharpest ever drop, adding to the deflationary problems dominating the Japanese economy.’
- ‘The GDP deflator, a key inflation gauge, rose 1.0% in the third quarter in the fourth quarter, down from the 1.6% growth in the preceding quarter.’
- ‘This means that the real wage deflators applied to nominal local wages can be very much dependent on the particular time period chosen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.