One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An integral expressed as the difference between the values of the integral at specified upper and lower limits of the independent variable.
- ‘His mathematical output remained strong and in 1814 he published the memoir on definite integrals that later became the basis of his theory of complex functions.’
- ‘His doctoral dissertation On definite integrals and functions with application in expansion of series was an early investigation of the theory of singular integral equations.’
- ‘His first paper on definite integrals appeared in the Messenger of mathematics.’
- ‘He attended courses by Dirichlet on the theory of numbers, on potential theory, on definite integrals, and on partial differential equations.’
- ‘In Abel's third paper, Solutions of some problems by means of definite integrals he gave the first solution of an integral equation.’
definite integral/ˈdef(ə)nət ˈin(t)əɡrəl/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.