One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The dance platform is surmounted by an open dome in white-painted steel with a gently irregular structure, powerful as a definer of space without providing any weather protection whatsoever.’
- ‘Throughout its history Reuters has been a significant definer of the nature of news, in particular news that is transmitted internationally, through its relations with clients and other news agencies.’
- ‘But Blessing suggests that presidents who rank most highly do so because they ‘have become key definers of American political thought.’’
- ‘Charles Baudelaire, definer of the modern for the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, was himself careful to recognize that ‘every old master has had his own modernity.’’
- ‘Individuals are the definers of art, both the artist and the viewer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.