One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be defined.‘it may not serve a definable purpose’
determinable, ascertainable, known, definite, clear-cut, precise, exact, specificView synonyms
- ‘The peace process is not about moving towards a definable endpoint, but about making sure that each side's voice is heard and respected at all times.’
- ‘And as a rule in public health, you do not immunize against something for which there is no definable risk.’
- ‘In 534BC the main Dionysian festival inaugurated a tragedy competition, the earliest record of definable drama.’
- ‘It is not a bunker at a fixed location with a definable defense.’
- ‘We refer to the forces within nature, which are controlled by clearly definable laws, such as, gravity, magnetism and air pressure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.