One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be defined.‘it may not serve a definable purpose’
determinable, ascertainable, known, definite, clear-cut, precise, exact, specificView synonyms
- ‘The peace process is not about moving towards a definable endpoint, but about making sure that each side's voice is heard and respected at all times.’
- ‘And as a rule in public health, you do not immunize against something for which there is no definable risk.’
- ‘In 534BC the main Dionysian festival inaugurated a tragedy competition, the earliest record of definable drama.’
- ‘We refer to the forces within nature, which are controlled by clearly definable laws, such as, gravity, magnetism and air pressure.’
- ‘It is not a bunker at a fixed location with a definable defense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.