Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An apparatus used to control heart fibrillation by application of an electric current to the chest wall or heart.
- ‘Other options, defibrillators and heart transplants, are highly invasive and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.’
- ‘In the early 1990s, the role of electrical defibrillators gained prominence.’
- ‘The only other options are implanted defibrillators that administer electric shocks to the heart, and transplants.’
- ‘The people using a defibrillator to restore normal heart rhythm in places like these usually have had no medical training.’
- ‘The medical team had a defibrillator with them and I was resuscitated within a few minutes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.