Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The stopping of fibrillation of the heart by administering a controlled electric shock in order to allow restoration of the normal rhythm.
- ‘This led to an investigation into ways of automating defibrillation so that defibrillators might be used by more people and, therefore, be more widely deployed in the community.’
- ‘The question of whether incorrect paddle position is a cause of unsuccessful defibrillation of patients in ventricular fibrillation remains unanswered.’
- ‘The group trained in CPR and defibrillation administered emergency treatment on 128 heart attack victims, and there were 30 survivors.’
- ‘Frank postulated that if the problem lay outside hospital, ventricular defibrillation should be corrected where it occurred.’
- ‘Traditionally, emergency medical personnel were the only ones who could administer defibrillation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.