Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Either of the two defensive players positioned at the end of the players who are linemen.
- ‘Premier cornerbacks and defensive ends are too valuable to cut loose, even when injuries are a concern.’
- ‘In its basic formation, the defense crowds the line of scrimmage with six players: a nose tackle, two defensive ends, two linebackers and a rush end.’
- ‘Even there, however, some players - usually defensive ends - get the chance to show off their ability to mash an opponent.’
- ‘The two critical positions on defense are defensive end and cornerback.’
- ‘He has more power than moves to make defenders miss, and he has been up and down as a blocker against blitzing linebackers or defensive ends.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.