One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of the two defensive players positioned at the end of the players who are linemen.
- ‘The two critical positions on defense are defensive end and cornerback.’
- ‘Premier cornerbacks and defensive ends are too valuable to cut loose, even when injuries are a concern.’
- ‘He has more power than moves to make defenders miss, and he has been up and down as a blocker against blitzing linebackers or defensive ends.’
- ‘In its basic formation, the defense crowds the line of scrimmage with six players: a nose tackle, two defensive ends, two linebackers and a rush end.’
- ‘Even there, however, some players - usually defensive ends - get the chance to show off their ability to mash an opponent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.