One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The loss of innocent life and national terror induced by our defenselessness has taken on a surreal quality that is far beyond my experience.’
- ‘Mr. Montare looked pleased, but inside, her heart repeatedly crashed painfully against her chest, and all her thoughts had been replaced by a feeling of defenselessness and panic.’
- ‘He walked towards her slowly, his arms extended at his sides in a gesture of defenselessness.’
- ‘She looked so frail and weak and vulnerable, so feeble and immobile, almost like an invalid, something about her defenselessness forced Ryan to comply to speak to his worst enemy, by croaking, ‘Of of course, Meg.’’
- ‘Its bearers confirm that message by their own surprising poverty and defenselessness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.