One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The defamer might be willing to publish an apology; but to do so would be an act of grace on his part.’
- ‘If this be proved, then even positive belief in the truth of what is published will not enable the defamer to avail himself of the protection of the privilege to which he would otherwise have been entitled.’
- ‘Putting it another way, in such circumstances the defamer cannot be said to be ‘telling deliberate and injurious falsehoods’.’
- ‘The like-minded Henry Miller wrote, ‘They call Buñuel everything: traitor, anarchist, pervert, defamer, iconoclast.’
- ‘Defamation is just that, no matter the race of the defamer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.