One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Details.‘stay tuned for more deets’
unimportant point, insignificant item, trivial fact, nicety, subtletyView synonyms
- ‘Here's more deets from his bio.’
- ‘Their deets were hacked from her star-studded address book.’
- ‘See my RSS Calendar in the sidebar for the deets.’
- ‘If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you the deets.’
- ‘Anyone interested in joining the HOSBLM (Hung Over Soccer Baseball League of Montreal) mailing list should drop me an e-mail for deets on the next meet.’
- ‘See two posts below for all the deets ’
- ‘All the deets about the show are on our website.’
- ‘Let's get down to the deets, my peeps.’
- ‘Check out our website for deets!’
- ‘Check out your Jazz Fest listings for more deets.’
- ‘I'll be jokin' it up at THE SOCIAL tonight with a great lineup (click the link to get the deets) so why not come down?’
- ‘Bit superstitious about jinxing the deal by saying any more but hopefully full deets will follow next week.’
1980s: representing a pronunciation of an abbreviated form of details.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.