One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Leather made from deer's skin.
- ‘Charlie Palmer removed his walnut-colored canvas field coat and deerskin shooting gloves.’
- ‘Women wore a short skirt and sometimes a deerskin shirt.’
- ‘One could almost believe that at any moment Scott and his men would come shuffling in, hang up their deerskin coats and start boiling a brew.’
- ‘He survived by eating his deerskin boots.’
- ‘The traditional Ewenki house resembles an umbrella framed by twenty-five to thirty poles covered with birch bark and deerskin.’
- ‘The women wore deerskin dresses, leggings, moccasins, and petticoats made of woven nettle or thistle fibers.’
- ‘Women wore short, thick kilts of shredded tulles or skirts of deerskin.’
- ‘The clothing of the Iroquois was typically made from deerskin.’
- ‘The men wore deerskin breechcloths.’
- ‘Before the Ojibwa began to trade with Europeans and Americans, they wore clothing made from animal hides, primarily from tanned deerskin.’
- ‘I'd spent nearly a year making the dress from four deerskins.’
- ‘With her long black braids and beaded deerskin dress, Rosebud Yellow Robe was an intriguing presence, holding audiences spellbound with her renditions of traditional Indian stories and her demonstrations of native crafts.’
- ‘The Mohican decorated their deerskin clothing, baskets, and other artefacts with quillwork, corn husks, beads, feathers, and paint.’
- ‘For ceremonies, the men wore a deerskin shirt decorated with paint, feathers, porcupine-quills and scalps.’
- ‘By the end of the eighteenth century, trade cloth replaced deerskin as the basic clothing material.’
- ‘Traditional clothing for men consisted of a breech-cloth, deerskin leggings, a shirt, and, in winter, moccasins.’
- ‘During warm months the Ojibwa slept on cedar bough mattresses, each person wrapped in a bearskin or deerskin robe.’
- ‘The fundamental item of men's clothing was a breechcloth made of a strip of deerskin or fabric.’
- ‘More recent Indian medicine men carried charms, fetishes and sacred talismans in similar deerskin bags that must have been a potent symbol of tribal authority.’
- ‘He was wearing deerskin clothes that looked pretty grimy and he didn't smell pretty with the grease and whisky and dead animal stinks coming off him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.