Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large dog of a rough-haired breed resembling the greyhound.
- ‘A deerhound that lives with the Scott family, Dick attacks White Fang on his first visit.’
- ‘A new opponent attacks him, a deerhound named Dick, and White Fang is thrown from his feet.’
- ‘In addition to salukis, eligible breeds are whippets, greyhounds, Afghan hounds, borzois, Ibizan hounds, pharaoh hounds, Irish wolfhounds, and Scottish deerhounds.’
- ‘And how does the pint-sized pet handler cope with a dog the size of Rush the deerhound?’
- ‘We would like to say all those who searched for our missing deerhound on September 13, he was eventually found and taken to Bexleyheath police station.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.