One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large dog of a rough-haired breed, resembling the greyhound.
- ‘And how does the pint-sized pet handler cope with a dog the size of Rush the deerhound?’
- ‘A new opponent attacks him, a deerhound named Dick, and White Fang is thrown from his feet.’
- ‘A deerhound that lives with the Scott family, Dick attacks White Fang on his first visit.’
- ‘We would like to say all those who searched for our missing deerhound on September 13, he was eventually found and taken to Bexleyheath police station.’
- ‘In addition to salukis, eligible breeds are whippets, greyhounds, Afghan hounds, borzois, Ibizan hounds, pharaoh hounds, Irish wolfhounds, and Scottish deerhounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.