Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A kiss involving insertion of the tongue into the partner's mouth.
- ‘Finally he pressed his lips to hers in a deep kiss.’
- ‘It was a deep kiss, one showing an emotion that even I could not describe, and I have a very good way with words.’
- ‘But he knew he had to go, so he gave Jillian a deep kiss as a good-night kiss and went out the door.’
- ‘It wasn't even a deep kiss, but it was the best kiss of my entire life.’
- ‘‘I hope it's you,’ Trent breathed quickly, cradling her face in his hands and pulling her into a very deep kiss.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.