One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Breathing with long breaths, especially as exercise or a method of relaxation.
- ‘Sit in the middle of your yard and practice some deep breathing exercises.’
- ‘You might consider specific stress reduction techniques, such as yoga, meditation, tai chi or deep-breathing exercises.’
- ‘She began listening to relaxation tapes on a daily basis and doing deep-breathing exercises to reduce feelings of stress.’
- ‘Your chances of quitting smoking are better if you plan ways of coping with stress (for example, going for walks every day and doing deep-breathing exercises).’
- ‘It is important to do deep breathing exercises to help to reduce the risk of developing a chest infection.’
- ‘Have a bath, use deep-breathing techniques or buy a relaxation tape.’
- ‘Practice deep-breathing exercises, visualize a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase to yourself, such as ‘take it easy.’’
- ‘Relaxation exercises, deep breathing or simply closing your eyes and imagining a peaceful scene may help.’
- ‘Engage in stress-relieving activities, like walking, talking to others, or using deep-breathing exercises;’
- ‘Do some relaxation exercises, deep breathing or whatever works to keep you cool.’
- ‘Strategies for managing stress include deep-breathing exercises, visualization techniques and relaxation exercises.’
- ‘During a craving, divert your attention with deep breathing, exercise or healthy snacks, such as fruits and vegetables.’
- ‘It combines aspects of tai chi and yoga (such as stretching, deep breathing and relaxation) with the dynamic movements of a dance class.’
- ‘While the tea cools, do some deep breathing exercises’
- ‘But also choose some activities that are more about deep breathing than taking your breath away.’
- ‘Relaxation methods, such as deep breathing, meditation, and exercise are useful ways to cope with stress.’
- ‘She suggests light, deep breathing exercises that help you relax, along with traditional tummy flattening routines.’
- ‘Panic attacks can be controlled through relaxation, deep breathing and medication.’
- ‘For the most efficient weight loss, it can help to practise a deep-breathing technique each day.’
- ‘Do some relaxation exercises, some deep breathing, to help mentally remind your body that it's time to work in a different way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.