One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Eliminate duplicate or redundant information from (something, especially computer data)‘they can deduplicate files uploaded by many different users to keep costs lower than otherwise possible’
- ‘The system needs to deduplicate data blocks.’
- ‘He recommends focusing policies on information and people, not technologies or platforms, embracing platform agnostic tools, and deduplicating cloud data.’
- ‘Remote office data can be deduplicated and replicated centrally as well as backed up locally without additional branch office hardware.’
- ‘Facebook will deduplicate users who like two pages by assigning them to the most recent page they have liked.’
- ‘Jobs that take us 30 seconds would have taken weeks before, and it has enabled us to deduplicate some processes.’
- ‘Of the organisations surveyed, 50 % say that "little or none of their data is deduplicated".’
- ‘When app servers run a backup, the data is typically deduplicated and compressed.’
- ‘The appliances automatically deduplicate content, which reduces total storage required by a large margin.’
- ‘We can back up our entire infrastructure, deduplicate, compress and encrypt and also mirror over to our other site for off-site disaster recovery.’
- ‘Choose a deduplication solution that can deduplicate at the byte level without impeding backup performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.