One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cell or tissue) undergo a reversal of differentiation and lose specialized characteristics.‘some types of human cells dedifferentiate in culture, becoming primitive, unspecialized cells’
- ‘A third approach is to use one's own specialized cells and dedifferentiate them.’
- ‘For example, they found that the proliferating cells dedifferentiated, meaning they temporarily lost the characteristics of mature heart muscle cells and reverted to a more fetal type of proliferating cell.’
- ‘The search for compounds to differentiate and dedifferentiate (specialize and despecialize) stem cells is accelerating due to advances in biotechnology for growing and screening cells.’
- ‘The ability to dedifferentiate stem cells (the article uses the term retrodifferentiation) would be incredibly valuable just for leukemia treatment.’
- ‘By manipulating niche signals, they could make the stem cells differentiate, then dedifferentiate again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.