One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a bird's bill) curved downward.
- ‘Bills range from long to short, thick to thin and straight to very decurved.’
- ‘They are seed eaters and have a short, strong, decurved bill.’
- ‘The Chough (pronounced ‘chuff’) is an elegant member of the crow family, a little smaller than a Rook and distinguished by a bright red, slightly decurved bill and red legs and feet.’
- ‘It has a long, slightly decurved bill and a short, upturned tail.’
- ‘Feeding quietly, a hoopoe can be surprisingly difficult to detect on the ground especially when probing with long decurved bill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.