One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a bird's bill) curved downward.
- ‘Feeding quietly, a hoopoe can be surprisingly difficult to detect on the ground especially when probing with long decurved bill.’
- ‘They are seed eaters and have a short, strong, decurved bill.’
- ‘It has a long, slightly decurved bill and a short, upturned tail.’
- ‘Bills range from long to short, thick to thin and straight to very decurved.’
- ‘The Chough (pronounced ‘chuff’) is an elegant member of the crow family, a little smaller than a Rook and distinguished by a bright red, slightly decurved bill and red legs and feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.