One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In addition, it also resists compaction and promotes decrepitation of the alloy.’
- ‘In this work, the decrepitation process was examined with regard to mechanical properties and microstructure.’
- ‘Pellets with Portland cement, after drying, did not present decrepitation, showing a correlation between the decrepitation, moisture content and mechanical strength of the pellet.’
- ‘Mixed together with oxidisers, these compounds combust by producing small explosions or ‘decrepitation’ at the surface of the burning mixture.’
- ‘The only condition where decrepitation might take place is in the low temperature, high strain metamorphic environment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.