One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These developments are I think to be understood in the context of the final phases of decolonisation and the Cold War.’
- ‘He became a critic of all policies of decolonization of territories which he considered an integral part of France.’
- ‘Both nations officially encouraged decolonization, yet both also sought to take newly independent countries into their spheres of influence.’
- ‘If British governments ever pursued a distinct policy of decolonization, it was in the Afro-Caribbean world between 1960 and roughly 1966.’
- ‘These weak states originally were European colonies that achieved sovereignty as a result of decolonization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.