Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device capable of converting audio or video signals into a different form, for example from digital to analog.‘a phone with an integrated digital TV decoder’
- ‘The decoder is currently available for additional fees only.’
- ‘The optical output can be used to connect to DVD decoders, amplifiers, or other devices.’
- ‘This internal structure allows the decoder to avoid switching between the logical processors every clock cycle.’
- ‘Whoever wins the big wrestling match will get the decoder accessories.’
- ‘In the end, most homes will have an all-in-one decoder box that supplies a variety of interactive functions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.