One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device capable of converting audio or video signals into a different form, for example from digital to analog.‘a phone with an integrated digital TV decoder’
- ‘The decoder is currently available for additional fees only.’
- ‘Whoever wins the big wrestling match will get the decoder accessories.’
- ‘In the end, most homes will have an all-in-one decoder box that supplies a variety of interactive functions.’
- ‘This internal structure allows the decoder to avoid switching between the logical processors every clock cycle.’
- ‘The optical output can be used to connect to DVD decoders, amplifiers, or other devices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.