One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rough uncut edge of a sheet of paper, formed by a deckle.
- ‘Likewise, a popular option in Eicher's Photography is to frame three 10-by 10-inch images in a slim frame, using a 2-inch-wide mat with a deckle edge.’
- ‘It is hoped that the author's creation will ultimately be wrapped in the appropriate robes of ritual: A stiff hardcover binding with a glossy dust jacket, acid-free paper, perhaps a colophon page, with extra points for deckle edge.’
- ‘Like the creamier Natural White, it features four deckle edges and a watermark.’
- ‘Paper pulp and dark colours, the steam iron and the sponge, Indian ink and the deckle edge: these have served her well.’
- ‘It should be noted that four deckle edges does not necessarily mean the paper is handmade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.