One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rough uncut edge of a sheet of paper, formed by a deckle.
- ‘Paper pulp and dark colours, the steam iron and the sponge, Indian ink and the deckle edge: these have served her well.’
- ‘It should be noted that four deckle edges does not necessarily mean the paper is handmade.’
- ‘Like the creamier Natural White, it features four deckle edges and a watermark.’
- ‘Likewise, a popular option in Eicher's Photography is to frame three 10-by 10-inch images in a slim frame, using a 2-inch-wide mat with a deckle edge.’
- ‘It is hoped that the author's creation will ultimately be wrapped in the appropriate robes of ritual: A stiff hardcover binding with a glossy dust jacket, acid-free paper, perhaps a colophon page, with extra points for deckle edge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.