Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action or process of making decisions, especially important ones.‘the system encourages workers' participation in corporate decision-making’
- ‘This model permits simple cost-benefit analysis in the context of the criminal decision making process.’
- ‘The state was the locus of political decision-making for society.’
- ‘Speed has become a defining quality of successful decisionmaking.’
- ‘The very nature of democracy requires public input into decision-making, not technocrats deciding what is good for the public.’
- ‘The remainder of this section explores the implications of these conclusions for pedagogical decision-making.’
- ‘Selling calves at weaning provided the most variation in the decision-making outcomes.’
- ‘The balance of rational decision-making seems to point against the link.’
- ‘The moment we get into murky decision-making processes, everybody has an alibi.’
- ‘However, in the absence of a definitively positive trial, many consider meta-analysis inadequate evidence for clinical decision making.’
- ‘This ensures effective decision-making in employing all rescue assets.’
- ‘The present centralised structure of the education system does not lend itself to agility in decision-making.’
- ‘A camp may want to help campers improve decision-making skills.’
- ‘In the past decision-making within the company was very centralized.’
- ‘For students of U.S. national security decision making, this book is a superb case study.’
- ‘The Executive Council is the highest decision-making authority.’
- ‘Identifying high-risk patients is also important in therapeutic decision making.’
- ‘By nature, strategic leadership requires consequential decision making.’
- ‘Participants were asked a number of questions in the interview that pertained to couple decision making.’
- ‘The present study examined the effects of integrating an ethical decision making process into a high school community service program.’
- ‘The former cabinet secretary has long been critical of the decline of cabinet decision-making.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.