One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At the same microsite, deciduousness may vary from year to year by 2-3 months with the time of the last and first rains of the wet season.’
- ‘Winters were long and dark in those days and trees needed to have mechanisms to survive… so deciduousness in those conditions was a real benefit.’
- ‘The New Zealand deciduous trees are as a whole characterised by very irregular leaf-shedding, and great variation is found in the degree of deciduousness shown by individuals of the same species growing in different parts of the country.’
- ‘The flooded area had greater deciduousness because it has a proportionally greater number of totally or partially deciduous species.’
- ‘Overall light absorption by the whole canopy remains high despite deciduousness in the overstorey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.