One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Best grown in bright conditions and it will tolerate a slight frost when it will behave deciduously.’
- ‘It is mostly evergreen, but during severe winters or in areas that suffer from frost, it will react deciduously, dying back and then recovering beautifully again in the spring.’
- ‘In the southeast of the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau of China, sea buckthorn, which is a thorny nitrogen-fixing deciduously perennial shrub, has been widely used in forest restoration as the pioneer species.’
- ‘As we pass Glenhead, we can think of writers such as McCormick and Cockett and savour the solitude offered by this deciduously wooded glade.’
- ‘In the end, the climate defeated them and all, or most, of the trees behaved, and still behave, deciduously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.