One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The thickened, hormonally charged decidual tissue is a fertile implantation site for the enlarging placenta and also acts as a barrier between the placental tissue and uterine muscle.’
- ‘An endometrial biopsy performed 3 months prior to the current presentation showed ‘fetal part’ without decidual or chorionic villi.’
- ‘Separate fragments of secretory endometrium with decidual stromal reaction and inactive glands were also seen.’
- ‘Microscopically, in deciduosis, the sheets of decidual cells are present within the connective tissue and do not usually affect its surface, as in the case of mesothelioma.’
- ‘The pathophysiologic events that trigger preterm birth are largely unknown but may include decidual hemorrhage, uterine overdistension, and hormonal changes possibly mediated by fetal or maternal stress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.