One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reduction in speed or rate.‘speed brakes enable the aircraft to carry out rapid deceleration’‘a deceleration in economic growth’
- ‘In April and May the first signs of lending growth deceleration were already present.’
- ‘Signs of economic deceleration will emerge as the world economy moves into 2005 with less strength.’
- ‘During each of these periods, children showed the same heart rate pattern: initial heart rate deceleration followed by heart rate acceleration.’
- ‘He feels that the post-1973 slowdown in productivity growth is evidence of a deceleration in technical progress.’
- ‘They should have had a very large deceleration in inflation, given the theory.’
- ‘The causes of the apparent deceleration of productivity are controversial.’
- ‘Cool-down: jog, then walk, for two minutes of deceleration.’
- ‘The crash sensors and diagnostic unit measure deceleration, not acceleration.’
- ‘What we misjudged was how long it would take for the earnings deceleration to run its course.’
- ‘They all said it was a smooth landing but they could sense a lack of deceleration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.