One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Eliminate a carboxylic acid group from (an organic compound)
- ‘In this compartment, called the matrix, the pyruvic acid is decarboxylated to a two-carbon acetyl group, releasing a CO 2 molecule, and is enzymatically joined to Coenzyme A, a large carrier molecule.’
- ‘Thus, malate produced following PEP carboxylation is readily decarboxylated and the CO 2 released.’
- ‘Malate formed by PEPC can either be used in the citric acid cycle or it can be decarboxylated to provide pyruvate and subsequently acetyl-CoA.’
- ‘Pyruvate is first decarboxylated to produce acetaldehyde and carbon dioxide, catalyzed by pyruvate decarboxylase.’
- ‘Coproporphyrinogen III is transported to the interior of the mitochondrion, where 2 propionate residues are decarboxylated, yielding vinyl substituents on the 2 pyrrole rings.’
- 1.1no object Undergo the process of decarboxylation.
- ‘After electron transfer the product decarboxylates resulting in a ketylbiradical III that has a life time of about 4 s, long enough to reduce oxygen to superoxide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.