One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A debilitating military attack, especially one aimed at the enemy's leadership.
- ‘In future warfare (combat operations), opposing sides will attach special importance to the so-called decapitation strikes on troops and weapons command and control systems.’
- ‘They tossed out their original blueprint and went for the decapitation strike because they had quite solid information on where he was.’
- ‘And of course, this has been the issue since the beginning of the war, with that first so-called preemptive decapitation strike two days before the ground war started.’
- ‘The strikes are being characterised as a decapitation strike and they are targeted specifically at command and control nodes.’
- ‘Intelligence experts believe that if he survived the two decapitation strikes against him during the conflict he has most likely fled to Syria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.