One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A debilitating military attack, especially one aimed at the enemy's leadership.
- ‘Intelligence experts believe that if he survived the two decapitation strikes against him during the conflict he has most likely fled to Syria.’
- ‘And of course, this has been the issue since the beginning of the war, with that first so-called preemptive decapitation strike two days before the ground war started.’
- ‘The strikes are being characterised as a decapitation strike and they are targeted specifically at command and control nodes.’
- ‘They tossed out their original blueprint and went for the decapitation strike because they had quite solid information on where he was.’
- ‘In future warfare (combat operations), opposing sides will attach special importance to the so-called decapitation strikes on troops and weapons command and control systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.