Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A metric unit of capacity, equal to 10 liters.
- ‘The company plans to increase production to 1.2mn decalitres of beer a month and to sell 10 mn decalitres a year.’
- ‘The plant will have a production capacity of 20 million decalitres of beer a year.’
- ‘The winery can process 15,000 tons of grapes per year, producing 1 million decalitres of wine.’
- ‘The association has also established a ‘danger zone’ of between 110 and 125 milligrams of glucose per decaliter in which the body's ability to process glucose is considered impaired.’
- ‘Exports to Ukraine, which comes second, increased significantly from 19,800 to 94,000 decaliters.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.