A metric unit of capacity, equal to 10 liters.
- ‘The company plans to increase production to 1.2mn decalitres of beer a month and to sell 10 mn decalitres a year.’
- ‘The plant will have a production capacity of 20 million decalitres of beer a year.’
- ‘The winery can process 15,000 tons of grapes per year, producing 1 million decalitres of wine.’
- ‘The association has also established a ‘danger zone’ of between 110 and 125 milligrams of glucose per decaliter in which the body's ability to process glucose is considered impaired.’
- ‘Exports to Ukraine, which comes second, increased significantly from 19,800 to 94,000 decaliters.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.