One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of rock or bone) containing a reduced quantity of calcium salts.‘decalcified chalk’
- ‘The decalcification process did not affect the immunodetection with CD10 since positive reactivity was noted in decalcified bone marrow core biopsies.’
- ‘This marker stains follicle mantle cells in routinely fixed and decalcified paraffin-embedded tissues.’
- ‘The figure of one million years and greater is derived from the fossilised fauna found side by side with the burnt antelope bones in the same layer of decalcified sand.’
- ‘He reports ingenious experiments whereby decalcified specimens are monitored as the cell reconstructs the test.’
- ‘Fluorides protect against caries by inhibiting mineral loss, promoting remineralisation of decalcified enamel, and reducing formation of plaque acids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.