One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metric unit of mass or weight, equal to 10 grams.
- ‘It happened because yesterday I weighed 20 decagrams of noodles and sneaked a spoonful.’
- ‘Coral reefs are among the most productive habitats, producing 2,000 decagrams of carbon per square meter per year, and the oldest, 400 million years.’
- ‘Thus 20 decagrams of sugar is approximately 1 cup of sugar.’
- ‘Most members of his unit died of hunger, since the daily rations was 20 decagrams of bread.’
- ‘These weights are in decagrams, the most common measure for market goods in Poland. 100 decagrams = 1 kilogram. 1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.