One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metric unit of mass or weight, equal to 10 grams.
- ‘These weights are in decagrams, the most common measure for market goods in Poland. 100 decagrams = 1 kilogram. 1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds.’
- ‘Most members of his unit died of hunger, since the daily rations was 20 decagrams of bread.’
- ‘Thus 20 decagrams of sugar is approximately 1 cup of sugar.’
- ‘It happened because yesterday I weighed 20 decagrams of noodles and sneaked a spoonful.’
- ‘Coral reefs are among the most productive habitats, producing 2,000 decagrams of carbon per square meter per year, and the oldest, 400 million years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.