Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Neaten and smooth the rough edges or ridges of (an object, typically one made of metal)‘hand tools for deburring holes in metal’
- ‘‘One of our most common modifications is to surface polish and debur the gears with a chemical process to smooth out the tool-cutting marks from the manufacturing process,’ said Lamb.’
- ‘This sequence begins with a milling operation to produce the bolt seats, which are then robotically deburred.’
- ‘The technology is used to clean, texture, deburr, or otherwise process very small parts and hard-to-reach areas with extreme accuracy.’
- ‘These techniques are used to degrease metal, to provide protection for substrates, and for deburring, surface smoothing and polishing, ball burnishing, cleaning, and pickling or descaling.’
- ‘Our customers are frequently faced with the necessity of deburring and polishing complex-shaped three-dimensional metal surfaces with undercut areas.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.