One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Neaten and smooth the rough edges or ridges of (an object, typically one made of metal)‘hand tools for deburring holes in metal’
- ‘Our customers are frequently faced with the necessity of deburring and polishing complex-shaped three-dimensional metal surfaces with undercut areas.’
- ‘This sequence begins with a milling operation to produce the bolt seats, which are then robotically deburred.’
- ‘‘One of our most common modifications is to surface polish and debur the gears with a chemical process to smooth out the tool-cutting marks from the manufacturing process,’ said Lamb.’
- ‘The technology is used to clean, texture, deburr, or otherwise process very small parts and hard-to-reach areas with extreme accuracy.’
- ‘These techniques are used to degrease metal, to provide protection for substrates, and for deburring, surface smoothing and polishing, ball burnishing, cleaning, and pickling or descaling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.