One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A negotiable or tradable liability or loan.
- ‘To attract investors, any bond or debt security that contains greater risk than that of a similar Treasury bond must offer a higher yield.’
- ‘In 1997, for example, a $805 million FDI was accompanied by $2,300 million foreign investments in government debt securities.’
- ‘Of course, when you are deciding on investing in a debt security, it is important you understand how its characteristics determine what kind of interest rate you can receive.’
- ‘Junk bond and corporate debt securities generally outperformed, with spreads narrowing between 2 to 10 basis points.’
- ‘They do this by offering investors a debt security that delivers interest payments and the security of principal repayment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.