One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The valley of the Tay, from the source of that river in the west to its debouchment at Dundee, is peculiarly rich in historic memoirs.’
- ‘The strategy governing the operations was essentially the same as it had been in the previous fall, when a drive had been conceived which was to bisect northern Italy and to be followed by a debouchment from the Apennines out into the Po Valley.’
- ‘He relied on 15 Panzer Division and the Reconnaissance Group around Azizia to break up any debouchment from the escarpment by British forces.’
- ‘In medieval days the river was navigable from Portarlington to its debouchment at St Mullins.’
- ‘The wetlands, which consist of riverbeds, alluvial flats, flood-plains, tributary debouchments and lakes, are home to rich vegetation and wildlife, including 228 species of birds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.