One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hostile or contemptuous look directed at a particular person.‘Bruce gave her a death stare that was even detectable through his sunglasses’
angry stare, scowl, glower, frown, black look, menacing look, threatening lookView synonyms
- ‘Judging by her still impressive death stare, only a true loser would dare say she's gone soft.’
- ‘Cole laid off the hooch last night and has honed his death stare.’
- ‘Sam turns up, and oblivious to Charlie's death stare, invites the couple out to dinner.’
- ‘They showed Wilson just fuming at him with a death stare that would've killed 1000 men.’
- ‘Love the death glare she gives the paparazzi!’
- ‘He earned several of Hazel's atomic laser death stares for his trouble.’
- ‘Isn't it cool when Kim and Phil flash those death glares at the innocent townspeople?’
- ‘Des shoots Michael a death glare and starts calling Michael out on his behavior, telling him that she isn't comfortable that he is so aggressive.’
- ‘Together we practiced our death glares on those in the line in front of us and cheered whenever someone gave up on waiting, bailing out of the line.’
- ‘You want to make eye contact, but don't give the speaker a death stare.’
- ‘The two women exchanged death stares, time stood still, and when the dust settled, the Leafs were still down 3-1 in the series.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.