A form of heavy metal music using lyrics preoccupied with death, suffering, and destruction.
- ‘Tristania combines rock, Goth, death metal, black metal, classical music and symphonic rock on February 18 at Manchester Academy.’
- ‘Released in summer of last year, Slipknot is a bludgeoning epic which mixes death metal, hardcore punk and hip hop with surprisingly pop melodies.’
- ‘I was vastly amused to see the plants grown to a soundtrack of death metal outperforming the plants that listened to classical music.’
- ‘She listens to heavy metal, death metal, punk, and classic rock.’
- ‘This New Jersey band began in 1996 playing straight-up brutal, atonal death metal.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.