One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deadly poisonous toadstool with a pale olive-green cap and white gills, growing in broadleaved woodland in both Eurasia and North America.
Amanita phalloides, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- ‘It is a genus of fungi which has to be treated with special attention, since it includes several edible species but also the notorious death cap and destroying angel.’
- ‘I had just found a few death caps and I heard my mom let out a squeal.’
- ‘Uncultivated wild mushrooms have ben associated with increased incidents of serious mushroom poisoning, especially death cap mushroom or Amanita phalloides (Greek for a fungus-like destroying angel).’
- ‘We hope they do not manage to eat death cap mushrooms and completely ruin their livers so that they need liver transplants.’
- ‘Health officials believe the culprit was the death cap mushroom, the most common cause of deadly mushroom poisoning in the United States.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.