One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Return (allocated memory) to the store of available RAM.
- ‘This means that this deallocated space is available for use when new data is written to the disk.’
- ‘In this model logical resources will be dynamically allocated and deallocated to applications and users based on policies that operate on both a scheduled basis and according to fluctuating demand.’
- ‘Any global variables you create when working with an Office application must also be deallocated when the application unloads.’
- ‘Some operating systems go beyond basic flat mapping of memory and provide operating system routines for allocating and deallocating memory.’
- ‘Therefore, in Java the act of letting go of unneeded references never runs the risk of deallocating memory prematurely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.