One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment authorized to buy and sell specific goods, especially motor vehicles.with modifier ‘his family owns a car dealership’
- ‘In 1984, the largest dealership network included 550 retail outlets.’
- ‘Trading standards officers visited seven dealerships and found that beneath the cars' highly-polished paintwork lurked multiple breaches of safety regulations.’
- ‘They're defending their decision to close hundreds of dealerships across the country.’
- ‘But the owner of the auto dealership called police and reported the car stolen.’
- ‘He managed to get his dealership to thrive despite breaking ground in a new area with no prior client base or sales performance.’
- ‘Right now he owns 18 dealerships in the Washington DC area.’
- ‘When the dealership was sold in 1983, the new owners kept him on, making him general manager.’
- ‘According to some media reports, the owner of the dealership was connected to the criminal underworld.’
- ‘He also owned several other dealerships, selling the Dodge, Chevrolet, and Pontiac brands.’
- ‘Before you call or visit a local dealership, make sure that you've done a few hours of research first.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.