One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lurie has received an award of $20,000 as an administrative supplement to conduct research regarding PTP1C increases in the deafferented auditory brainstem.’
- ‘Although she was unstable, the deafferented subject was able to remain seated with the eyes closed in the absence of feet, arm and back supports.’
- ‘Next he restrained the monkeys' healthy forelimbs, compelling them to reuse the deafferented limbs, which they otherwise avoided doing.’
- ‘A deafferented pupil constricts consensually, but not to direct light, paradoxically enlarging when the light is quickly brought from the unaffected side (Marcus Gunn pupil).’
- ‘Six years later, Taub resumed two lines of research stemming from his basic research with deafferented monkeys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.