One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The interruption or destruction of the afferent connections of nerve cells, performed especially in animal experiments to demonstrate the spontaneity of locomotor movement.
- ‘On the other hand, in REM sleep, the respiratory variability persists even after deafferentation, suggesting that central REM processes underlie the variability.’
- ‘Despite extensive chest wall deafferentation, the intensity and quality of dyspnea are not altered in patients with spinal cord injury in whom work of breathing is increased by bronchoconstriclion.’
- ‘Until 1981, Taub carried out somatosensory deafferentation research with monkeys in which sensation is surgically abolished from the upper extremities.’
- ‘They argued that neural plasticity allows for a cortical reorganization or remapping of the somatosensory cortex following the deafferentation of neurons.’
- ‘It is believed that lateral ankle ligament injury results in not only mechanical instability but also ligamentous deafferentation, contributing to instability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.