One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The noise from the kitchen of crashing dishes and cutlery reverberate deafeningly off the concrete floor.’
- ‘It was mentioning The Sisters Of Mercy that won him over, I'm sure - seems that he spent his student days in London listening to deafeningly loud music too’
- ‘As the truck inches along, dancers with more than a few drinks in them move frenziedly to deafeningly loud drums and loudspeakers.’
- ‘Nor did she notice the peals of thunder that rang deafeningly through the crevices.’
- ‘The room erupted and people applauded deafeningly loudly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.