One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The noise from the kitchen of crashing dishes and cutlery reverberate deafeningly off the concrete floor.’
- ‘As the truck inches along, dancers with more than a few drinks in them move frenziedly to deafeningly loud drums and loudspeakers.’
- ‘The room erupted and people applauded deafeningly loudly.’
- ‘Nor did she notice the peals of thunder that rang deafeningly through the crevices.’
- ‘It was mentioning The Sisters Of Mercy that won him over, I'm sure - seems that he spent his student days in London listening to deafeningly loud music too’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.