One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]usually be deaerated
Partially or completely remove dissolved air from (something)‘the electrolyte was deaerated by purging it with argon’
- ‘The filtered solution was deaerated with dry argon for 10 min and the mold was sealed.’
- ‘No significant reaction was observed when deaerated solutions of MNAA were irradiated in any of the two solvents.’
- ‘In the laser flash photolysis measurements the solutions were deaerated by purging with nitrogen.’
- ‘The solution was deaerated with pure nitrogen for 5 min, followed by deposition at the HMDE.’
- ‘Copper corrodes at negligible rates in unpolluted air, water, and deaerated nonoxidizing acids.’
- ‘The solutions were first deaerated by purging with gaseous NZ directly in the EPR cell for 10 min, then a small quantity of oxygen was added to the solution by injecting measured 1 mL of air into the purging line after the NZ was turned off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.