One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is followed in quick succession by installation of the rear lights and wire harness, sunroof and headliner, sound deadener and carpet.’
- ‘Proust, who understood the many varieties of snobbery as well as anyone has, called it ‘the greatest sterilizer of inspiration, the greatest deadener of originality, the greatest destroyer of talent.’’
- ‘Remember this quote: ‘Habit is the great deadener.’’
- ‘By the time the next cell is reached, 16 sound deadeners have been added to the wheel wells, floor, and inner door and side panels.’
- ‘The Health Ministry was, he added, ‘a career deadener.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.