One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Health Ministry was, he added, ‘a career deadener.’’
- ‘This is followed in quick succession by installation of the rear lights and wire harness, sunroof and headliner, sound deadener and carpet.’
- ‘Remember this quote: ‘Habit is the great deadener.’’
- ‘By the time the next cell is reached, 16 sound deadeners have been added to the wheel wells, floor, and inner door and side panels.’
- ‘Proust, who understood the many varieties of snobbery as well as anyone has, called it ‘the greatest sterilizer of inspiration, the greatest deadener of originality, the greatest destroyer of talent.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.